1. Always Eat Breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up. Even for you early morning people, at least eat a banana or a small serving of cereal or oatmeal.
2. Eat 5 to 6 small meals – snacks per day rather than only 2-3 big ones. Healthy snacks, not chips or sweets.
3. Drink 12-16oz of water before each meal or snack because many times we mistake thirst for hunger. Ideally, you should be drinking half of your body weight in ounces of water per day & if you do this step you will eat less.
4. CUT OUT sodas and sugary drinks completely substitute with water.
5. CUT OUT fried foods of any kind.
6. When putting food on your plate for a meal, don’t let your food touch each other. This keeps your serving sizes true. No seconds except on green leafy veggies (spinach, broccoli, and kale). As a general rule, your plate should be half veggies one-fourth lean meat one-fourth starches.
7. Eat only lean meats (chicken, fish, and lean pork/beef).
8. Keep bad carbs to a minimum (pasta, rice, bread, or potatoes).
9. Eat more green leafy vegetables. I don’t care if you don’t like them, your body needs them.
10. Eat light before your training, but Do eat something (About 30 minutes – 1 hour prior).
11. Eat protein after you work out…within 30 minutes, especially following a strength training workout.
12. Eat slowly and chew your food fully, this will give your body time to feel full and when you feel full… stop eating. It’s important that you quit eating when you feel satisfied, not when you feel bloated.
13. DO NOT EAT ANYTHING later than 2 hours before bedtime.
14. Keep a food journal to truly learn your eating patterns. Write down everything you eat or drink for a full week and bring it in to us. We can help you make changes to become healthier.
These simple practices will help you lose unwanted weight and keep it off. Other diets work great but require a lot of time and money to stick with, anyone can make these simple changes and get results.